Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Parent-Teacher Communication

Yes, it is important. Very, very, very important. We know this, we do this, we don't record this. Ok, maybe we do, but I know I have a problem with consistent documentation. This is something I have come to terms with and trying to remedy. I am a digital person. I cannot do the binder, the index cards, the notepad. I need something digital that is with me when I need it.

This year I will be doing all of my communication logging on an excel spreadsheet. This will allow me access to it at any time, and it can be sent to others who may need it (principal, RSP teachers, counselors, etc.).
I got this wonderful idea from Teacher Karma on TpT. I created my own editable version of it, so that I can use this digitally. If you would like the PDF copy that Teacher Karma provides, click here. I thought it would be nice to share this log so here it is!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByGesVUoE-jQX1ZIYXVQX2dlU3c/view?usp=sharing
This is an editable version that can altered in anyway you need. Just remember that when you want to add multiple students you will need to add another sheet at the bottom. Each child will have their own sheet.
Steps to add a sheet:
1. Right click the arrow in the top left corner of the spreadsheet.
2. Copy
3. At the bottom of the screen you will see Sheet 1. Click the + and another sheet will appear.
4. Right click the arrow in the top left of the spreadsheet.
5. Paste
6. You have created a new tab. Repeat this for as many students as you have.
7. Once you have enough sheets, right click the tab and click rename. You can add each child's name to that tab so that you can find them easier.


Any way that we can make our days easier is something I am all for. Between the planning and the teaching and all of the extra stuff that no non-teacher person even knows goes on in a Kindergarten classroom, I need to know that I can keep myself organized. 

6 comments:

  1. In Excel, right click the little triangle in the upper left of the spreadsheet. Everything will become highlighted. Then add he sheet at the bottom and do the same thing in the upper left corner, but click paste. I hope this helps!If you have an older version of excel, try clicking the top left rectangle. (It might not have a triangle.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Licensed Professional Counselor offers advice to parents who are seeking parenting guidance through a family counselor or parent coach. Included are a list of what to expect from the professional as well as parenting tips you can implement right now to improve your parent-child relationship. parenting your teenager

    ReplyDelete
  3. A helpful guide to buying gifts for new born babies, this article is packed with ideas for practical and unusual gifts that will delight new parents. From hints and tips on the issues to consider when buying baby baby cribs to personal, keepsake gifts, you'll find a range of gift ideas to suit all budgets and circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are looking for the secret to getting pregnant naturally you could be in for a rough ride. You can talk to experts, doctors or friends, and each will have their own take on getting pregnant naturally, but this does not mean that the same ideas and techniques will work for Baby pushchairs Every couple is different, and this means that there is not a single secret that everyone experiences to getting pregnant naturally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Temperature Mapping is the process of recording and mapping the temperature in a 3 dimensional space. The temperature within a warehouse, cool room or fridge can vary by as much as 10°C from one location to another. Product efficacy relies on goods being stored correctly. Ensuring that all locations within the cool rooms are within the correct Baby Thermometer range is critical to maintain the quality of the products.

    ReplyDelete

09 10 01 09 10