Sunday, September 14, 2014

Monsters!

We have been having some fun with Monsters this week. Kids love monsters.....right? They do if they are funny looking and let the kids act super silly. Here are some activities we did this week:


https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByGesVUoE-jQN05LamhnWWhJUkE/edit?usp=sharinghttps://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByGesVUoE-jQN05LamhnWWhJUkE/edit?usp=sharing
Aren't they cute? The kids LOVED making these. And they were so easy. I ran off the Monster Mask template (here) onto colored cardstock. I chose cardstock because I knew that they would get played with and needed to stand up to wear and tear. The kids cut them out. I cut out the mouth once they cut out the head (I just folded it in half slightly and made a happy smile). The kids cut out their eyes. I let them choose 1, 2, or 3 eyes and they got to create. I had a bunch of spot stickers hanging around so I gave each kids a sticker sheet and they went to town. Needless to say, my class was ROARING loud after these were done. It may be loud, but it was fun! (Not to mention the added bonus of working on those fine-motor skills....shhhhh....)

http://www.theeducationcenter.com/editorial_content/monsters#/monsters
 This is a cute painting activity. Student got to watercolor their monster however they wanted and then wrote of the color words down on their writing sheet to match their picture. (Trust me, some kids wanted to write red even though their monster was blue). We talked about what words would make sense to match our pictures. I got the monster coloring pages from The Education Center, but any monster would do. Click here to grab the writing page. 

 
Purple People Eater Hat!

 The one-eyed, one-horned, flying purple people eater!
This is a fun hat we made after singing the song and watching the video on KidSongs 
Cut the band from tagboard or butcher paper. I ran all of the pieces on purple cardstock, except for the eye. The kids glued the eye and horn and I stapled the wings on. They are super cute!


Have fun with your little monsters!


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 01 09 10