Thursday, October 22, 2020

Books That Look Like Us

 I am looking for donors for my Books That Look Like Us project on Donors Choose! Today is a Double Donations day! If you are able to donate, please click here: Books That Look Like Us!.

Did you know that that 50% of all children's books reflect white children? The next most represented group is ANIMALS. This comes before any other group of children, be they Black, Latinx, Native, or Asian. Help me build a classroom library that reflects the faces of the students in my class. I have students from all over the world, speaking many languages. I want to show then that they have stories too. 



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing really great work. Children should also learn about other kids and their stories. Kindergarten Brighton for children is best, as such they provide healthy and safe environment.

    ReplyDelete

09 10 01 09 10