Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Engaging Families in Literacy for PreK-2

I have been racking my brain on how to get families involved this year in their child's literacy. We are already asking so much of them with Comprehensive Distance Learning (CDL) that I feel like helping their child is going to feel like a chore! How can we help parents understand what literacy is made of and how to help their child in a fun away that is not all online. I created a little packet with some ways to help parents during this strange school year (aren't you tired of hearing "unprecedented times"?). Take a look and see if you can use any of it. For me, I am going to send home my Literacy Handbook in my Kindergarten toolkit (MORE TO COME ON THAT!) and do reading challenges throughout the year.




No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 01 09 10