Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Parade of Books

Today we had our Parade of Books for Dr. Seuss Week and Read Across America! It was so much fun. Each child came to school dressed as character from a book. They also had to bring the book with them. When the parade started each child walked with their book throughout the school. At the end we all met in the gym for a special Seuss assembly. What I loved about this was the variety of books that were represented. We had everything from Pete the Cat, to the 3 musketeers, to Pokemon! It was so exciting! I look forward to doing this every year.

Another tradition I love is decorating the classroom door for Seuss Week. This year I did "Think outside the Hat" and a student of mine brought in cardboard book covers that I put on the wall. The Cat Hat is 3D with the characters popping out. It was very cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 01 09 10