Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Welcome Back!


Welcome back! We are off and running for the new year! I am so excited to really get into USING everything we have learned in the first semester. We will be working on a variety of skills, which include:
1. Part, Part, Whole (a math concept that takes a number and breaks it down into parts)
2. Addition and Subtraction
3. Base 10 (finding groups of 10 inside numbers to help us organize our thinking)
4. Writing complete sentences
5. Reading decodable stories (using those CVC words!)
6. Using technology in a whole new way with an introduction into coding and programming.
7. Delving deeper to our NPDL (New Pedagogies for Deeper Learning) project on Big Cats

As your child might have told you, I have a broken hand. :( I was sledding in Wrightwood over the break and fractured it pretty bad. I will still be at work, but my writing skills are not so good. I didn't want anyone to worry, I will be just fine. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 01 09 10