Thursday, July 24, 2014

Color Poems

Every year, at the beginning of Kindergarten we begin learning the color words. If you are like me you own the color word CDs and sing them over and over until you can't stop. Then you sing them at home, in the shower, in your head all the time! The good news is: They work! Kids learn how to spell their color words very easily when they learn it in song. (Funny, that actually works for almost anything.)

I was growing tired of my old color word poem charts in my classroom and decided to make new ones. I thought I would share. Enjoy! They are a FREEBIE!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByGesVUoE-jQUGRiMW1wek9Tc2c/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByGesVUoE-jQWEl6aHpwMnMzS00/edit?usp=sharing


https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByGesVUoE-jQWEl6aHpwMnMzS00/edit?usp=sharing

19 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing! I love to teach through music and songs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I teach these to my kinder students as well. They love them. Would you be willing to make a gray one for me? I made up a song for gray that goes with the tune of blue. My email is lotzoflove@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing. I can't wait to teach these to my students!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the songs and am delighted to find these to go along with them. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not musically inclined! I'm trying to get the tune of these songs to sing them, but am really struggling. Do you have any recordings of you, your class, or someone else singing them to the tunes?? I would appreciate any assistance at all!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all on youtube. That is the only way I can remember the tune!

      Delete
  6. Thank you! This was on my summer list to do and you did it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! Just in time for the start of school!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank You. Wondering if you have one for Gray?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much!!! My students will love them

    caren

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for sharing your hard work, it is so appreciated! My Preschoolers will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are awesome. I know you've been asked this before but can you please consider adding a gray/grey to your list, pretty please, with sugar on top, lol. Thank you again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would LOVE a Gray one also!!! Please, pretty please!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My son learned the RED song in daycare and always wanted to know where I could find this and I finally did!! Thank You

    ReplyDelete

09 10 01 09 10