Monday, February 3, 2014

Groundhog Day!

So I was a little late. Groundhog Day was on Superbowl Sunday, so I waited until Monday to do it with my class. We read some cute stories about the groundhog.



We read the stories and then made our groundhog puppet. After we colored him we put him on a Popsicle stick and went and stuck him in the grass. We were trying to see what a groundhog shadow looks like and if it really is scary. (We thought it wasn't very scary, but maybe a groundhog would think so.)
 Scary, huh?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByGesVUoE-jQYVVhLVo5Wk4wX28/edit?usp=sharing

After we did that we traced our own shadows on the sidewalk and then tried to match animal shadows. 
I got this worksheet from a science workbook, but I can't remember which. Sorry.....it's one of those pages stuck in a file! I extended the activity by having them write the animal name.

Happy Groundhog Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 01 09 10